Editor-in-Chief Guifang Li announces the new editorial advisory board for the Journal.
© 2020 Optical Society of America
As editor of the only journal dedicated to in-depth reviews and tutorials in its subject area, I intend for Advances in Optics and Photonics (AOP) to continue to serve our community by publishing comprehensive, relevant, and useful articles written by leading international researchers. In that vein, I intend to cover topics that have maintained vigorous interest/activity over a long period and yet have ample room to grow, as well as emerging areas where I expect discoveries and recent groundbreaking results to have an impact on research and applications in optics and photonics immediately and in several directions.
Identifying these topics and authors in a timely manner is critical to the success of AOP. To that end, I have established an advisory board of visionaries in our community that represents a cross-section of subdisciplines of optics and photonics:
- • Thomas Baer, Stanford University
Biophotonics, medical diagnostic instrumentation
- • Connie Chang-Hasnain, University of California at Berkeley
Semiconductor integrated optics
- • Kishan Dholakia, University of St. Andrews
Advanced imaging, beam shaping, and optical manipulation
- • Alexander Gaeta, Columbia University
Quantum and nonlinear photonics
- • Naomi Halas, Rice University
Nanophotonics and plasmonics
- • Yuri Kivshar, Australian National University
Metamaterials, plasmonics, and nonlinear nanophotonics
- • Gerard Mourou, University of Michigan and École polytechnique
Ultrafast and high-power lasers
- • Masataka Nakazawa, Tohoku University
Quantum electronics, communication
- • Philip Russell, Max Planck Institute for the Science of Light
Nonlinear optics, waveguides, and optical fibers
- • Andrew Weiner, Purdue University
- • Alan Willner, University of Southern California
Optical communications and networking
I am grateful that they have graciously agreed to help in service of AOP, and I look forward to their advice.
I view the establishment of the advisory board as a top-down approach in identifying topics and authors. AOP can also benefit tremendously from the collective wisdom of its readership, in a bottom-up approach. Therefore, I encourage all of you to send recommendations for potential topics and authors. You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and the AOP editorial staff can be reached at email@example.com.
Together, let us take AOP to new heights.