• An update on selected segments of the optical data communications market
• Cable TV systems: Change is coming, but CATV-specific component sales will slow in coming years, in part due to migration to Ethernet and FTTX product types.
• 400G: Are you ready? The IEEE standards effort for 400G is already in an early stage.
• Rack- to chip-level optical interconnects: A review of optical interconnects for racks, boards, and chips
• The market for lasers for machine tools. An update of the general market estimates by region, product type, and applications for lasers for machine tools. The strongest growth areas are: fiber lasers (particularly sheet metal processing), and China.
• The use of UV light sources for water treatment. This highlights a convergence of several cool business qualities: using high-tech optics, helping the world, and in some cases, making a profit at the same time.
© 2014 OSAPDF Article