• OIDA/EA 100GbE per Lambda for Data Center Workshop: This section presents highlights from the June 2014 workshop held in San Jose and co-hosted by OIDA and the Ethernet Alliance. The workshop examined single-channel, single-lambda 100GbE technology.
• Photovoltaic market update:
• The PV cell/panel and module markets are an estimated $14B and $27B, respectively, in 2014.
• Shipments of new PV module generating capacity continue to grow, but declining prices and changing government incentive programs translate to flat to modest growth for PV suppliers. Analysts are hopeful that the market is stabilizing, and that module prices are sustainable for the time being, leading finally to profitability for suppliers.
• Module prices are so low that U.S. government targets are being met, and some funding of PV RandD is being reassigned to other priorities.
• The cycle is more pronounced for manufacturing equipment vendors. Increasing demand from emerging and residential markets, combined with consolidation and new technology, may lead to a new round of investment in manufacturing capacity.
© 2014 OSAPDF Article